Junior Coaching 2018
- Starting Saturday 3rd of March.
- 6 Week course running in conjunction with the School term.
- £35 for the course of 6 weeks.
- Three classes on a Saturday morning, 9am – 10am & 10:15am – 11:15am & 11:30am – 12:30pm
- Each group will be limited to 12 juniors.
- There will be a level system set up like karate but with shirts rather than belts. To gain the next shirt colour you need to pass certain tasks.
- Assessments to be done every 12 weeks to achieve the next colour shirt.
- The colour system is as followed, Red – Yellow – White – Green – Black – Blue (The Golf Clubs colour).
- Times/Locations/Activities to be issued on signing up.
- What’s App chat set up for each coaching group to keep you up to date on latest news for coaching and also homework.
- There will be a ‘Golfer of the year’ award which will be based on effort, commitment and results. The winner will be invited to the clubs presentation evening to receive award and prize!
The junior golf section of Lilleshall Hall Golf Club is strong and is currently carrying on the tradition of being one of the leading junior sections of the Shropshire and Herefordshire Union of Golf Clubs. Our Junior section has been growing year on year and we are now over 35 members strong.
For many years we have been providing junior golf players to the Shropshire & Herefordshire Union of Golf Clubs County junior team and currently have four players regularly playing for the County Junior Golf team. This is great honour for the players and the Golf Club.
LHGC provides coaching and practice opportunities. Our teaching Professional Ed Tranter carries out coaching sessions on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings for details please contact the Professionals shop (01952 604776 then selecting option 1).
In addition to that practice sessions during the summer are carried out by Junior Organiser Ed Tranter on Friday evenings commencing at 5 pm. These sessions which are free are primarily for the juniors coming through from the coaching carried out by Ed Tranter. However they are enjoyed by all junior members who help along and encourage the new junior members.
Every golfing season LHGC enters a team into the County Junior Golf League often with pleasing success. In the current year we have won our opening match at Bridgnorth. The highlight of last year was the juniors winning the annual Texas Scramble match at Ludlow. 2016 was the 50th anniversary of the competition, Lilleshall won by 2 clear shots with a score of 57.6 against a par of 72. A very creditable performance we aim to emulate that effort in 2017.
All children from age 8 to 18 are invited to join our club the junior golf membership fee is greatly reduced. Parents are invited to view and observe the coaching that is carried out and also to escort them on the Friday evening practice sessions. All members involved with junior coaching are DBS registered.
During the winter months events are organised to keep the juniors together. Last year a very successful Ten Pin Bowling evening was enjoyed and also a Christmas get together. More events to coincide with school holidays will be organised for the coming year.
To find out more details or make further enquiries please contact Junior Golf Organiser Ed Tranter on or contact the Professional’s Shop on 01952 604776 then selecting option 1.
If you would like to see the dates for the Junior Saturday Coaching, you can here.
News from Lilleshall Juniors
Rory McDonald-O’Brien competed in the England U14 Reid Trophy at Manchester Golf Club 8-10th August
In a very strong field of 144 international players ( 21 countries represented ) Rory finished 4th winning a voucher and achieving his aim of finishing as the top England player!
England golf did a press article on Rory as he was there leading player (see photo below )
Read more here
We think he’s the 1st person in Shropshire and Herefordshire to finish as high as 4th place in the England u14 championship.
His rounds were :-
- Day one 74 ( 2 over par)
- Day two 70 ( 2 under par )
- Day three 74 ( 2 over par)
He is now been cut to 1.8 handicap At the age of 13 this is an amazing achievement and Charles Seivewright the county junior organiser was very pleased and says Rory is the lowest handicap Shropshire has had at under 14 age group!
All the other information about the rounds and scores and players and write up is on the England golf website